NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS, February 14, 2019 – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its first quarter ended December 31, 2018 (the “First Quarter FY19”). The Company posted (i) revenue of $8.2M, an increase of 10% over the same period last year, (ii) an operating loss of only $0.1M compared to an operating loss of $0.3M in First Quarter FY18, (iii) adjusted EBITDA of $1.7M, up 10% compared to First Quarter FY18, and (iv) a cash balance at December 31, 2018 of $5.9M, representing an increase of 8% over September 30, 2018.
“We’re thrilled to report a strong start to fiscal 2019 with record highs in both revenue and gross profit in the first quarter,” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO. “With continued strengthening of our smartphone-based monitoring applications and launching of new customer relationships, we’re looking forward to an even better remainder of fiscal 2019.”
- Record quarterly revenue of $8.2M in First Quarter FY19, up 10% over First Quarter FY18 of $7.5M.
- Record quarterly gross profit of $4.6M in First Quarter FY19, up 4% over First Quarter FY18 of $4.5M.
- Total operating expense for the First Quarter FY19 of $4.7M is down 2% versus First Quarter FY18’s $4.8M of operating expenses. The decline in quarterly operating expense when combined with a record quarterly gross profit led to a quarterly loss of only $57K, which is an improvement compared to $268K over the First Quarter FY18.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the First Quarter FY19 finished at $1.7M, up 10% compared to $1.6M for First Quarter FY2018.
- Consistent quarterly Adjusted EBITDA for the last five quarters. o Q1 of FY18 or 31 Dec 2017 Adj EBITDA = $1.6M
- Q2 of FY18 or 31 March 2018 Adj EBITDA = $1.3M
- Q3 of FY18 or 30 June 2018 Adj EBITDA =$1.2M
- Q4 of FY18 or 30 Sept 2018 Adj EBITDA =$1.9M
- Q1 of FY19 or 31 Dec 2018 Adj. EBITDA = $1.7M
- Cash balance of $5.9M for First Quarter FY19, up 234% compared to $1.8M for First Quarter FY18.
- Net loss attributable to shareholders in the First Quarter FY2019 was ($1.7M), an increase of 66% compared to First Quarter of FY18, but better than the Second and Third Quarters of FY18.