NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS, May 11, 2021 – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended March 31, 2021 (“Q2 FY21”). In Q2 FY21, the Company posted (i) total revenue of $9.9 million, an increase of approximately 21% over total revenue for the same period last year (“Q2 FY20”); (ii) operating income of $1.7 million, representing an increase of 601% compared to Q2 FY20 operating income of $0.2M; (iii) adjusted EBITDA of $2.9 million in Q2 FY21, up 77% compared to $1.6 million for Q2 FY20; and (iv) net income attributable to common shareholders of $2.2M in Q2 FY21 compared to a net loss of $1.7 million in Q2 FY20.
“Again, we were able to continue the Company’s strong performance over the past twelve months with a record performance for the quarter ended March 31, 2021. So far, we have managed to successfully navigate the challenges brought on by the Coronavirus by working closely with our customers and partners. We are excited about the future and the continued evolution of our technologies to support our customers’ programs in the years ahead.” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO.
- Strong quarterly total revenue of $9.9 million in Q2 FY21, up 21% compared to Q2 FY20 total revenue of $8.1 million as the significant increase in monitoring revenue of approximately 22% was offset by a nominal decline in product sales. Revenue for the 6 months ended March 31, 2021 (“6M FY21”) of $19.3 million was up approximately 16% compared to revenue of $16.6 million for the 6 months ended March 31, 2020 (“6M FY20”).
- Gross profit of $5.4 million in Q2 FY21 was up 23% compared to Q2 FY20 gross profit of $4.4 million. Gross profit for the 6M FY21 was $10.6 million, or up 17% compared to gross profit of $9.1 million for 6M FY20.
- Total operating expense for Q2 FY21 of $3.8 million was down 10% versus Q2 FY20’s total operating expense of $4.2 million. The decline in quarterly operating expense when combined with the favorable increase in gross profit led to operating income in Q2 FY21 of $1.7 million compared to operating income of $0.2 million for Q2 FY20, representing an improvement of 601%. Similarly, for 6M FY21, operating income was $3.1 million compared to operating income of $0.5 million, representing an increase of 473%.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the Q2 FY21 was $2.9 million, an increase of nearly 77%, compared to $1.6 million for Q2 FY20. Adjusted EBITDA in Q2 FY21 as a percentage of revenue also increased to 29.1%, compared to 19.9% for Q2 FY20. Adjusted EBITDA for 6M FY21 was $5.5 million compared to the Adjusted EBITDA for 6M FY20 of $3.4 million, representing an improvement of approximately 63%. Similarly, Adjusted EBITDA for the 6M FY21 as a percentage of revenue also increased to 28.7%, compared to 20.5% for the 6M FY20.
- The cash balance of $6.7 million at March 31, 2021 was down only 1% compared to $6.8 million at September 30, 2020 reflecting significant capital investments made by the Company of approximately $2.7 million in the 6M FY21 to build additional monitoring devices and software to accommodate increased customer demand. Capital investments for the 6M FY21 were up 78% compared to the same period last year.
- Net income attributable to common shareholders in Q2 FY21 was $2.2 million compared to a net loss of $1.7 million in Q2 FY20, a change principally attributable to the Company’s strong operating performance and the increase in other Income. Net income attributable to common shareholders for the 6M FY21 was $3.5 million, up significantly compared to the net loss of nearly $2.0 million for the 6M FY20.