NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its fiscal year ended September 30, 2022 (“FY22”). In FY22, the Company posted (i) total revenue of $37.0 Million (“M”), a decrease of approximately 7% over total revenue of $39.7M for the year ended September 30, 2021 (“FY21”); (ii) FY22 operating loss of ($2.1M) compared to FY21 operating income of $4.7M; and (iii) net loss attributable to common shareholders of ($7.4M) in FY22 compared to net income attributable to common shareholders of $3.4M in FY21.
“The fiscal year ended September 30, 2022 was challenging given supply chain constraints and reinvestment in our infrastructure caused by the phase out of 3G networks in the U.S. and our results reflect both. However, due to the adaptive strategies deployed early in the fiscal year, by early September 2022, we were able to resume manufacturing new devices toward targeted, pre-pandemic volumes. As a result, we have commenced implementation of new programs and are confident in our ability to support the expected growth from our customers in FY23. Consequently, we look forward to much improved results in the coming year,” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO.
- Total FY22 revenue of $37.0M was down 7% compared to FY21 revenue of $39.7M. The drop in revenue was caused by the limitations on manufacturing new devices, less activity at customers in the U.S. and Bahamas offset by increases in revenue for customers in Chile and Saudi Arabia.
- Gross profit of $17.4M in FY22 was down approximately 18% compared to FY21 gross profit of $21.1M due to over $0.8M increase in depreciation and amortization costs associated with implementation of the new software platform as well as higher server costs and communication costs offset by lower lost, stolen and damaged device expenses.
- Operating loss in FY22 of ($2.1M) compared to operating income of $4.7M in FY21. Approximately 80% of the total change to the loss in FY22 is attributable to the decline in gross profit and the impairment charge of $1.7M associated with the discontinuance of two product lines.
- Adjusted EBITDA for FY22 of $6.6M, compared to $10.3M for FY21 due to the drop in revenue, gross profit and the increase in certain operating expenses. Adjusted EBITDA in FY22 as a percentage of revenue declined to 18.0%, compared to 25.9%for FY21 for the same reasons.
- Cash balance of $5.3M for FY22, compared to $8.4M for FY21. The change in cash position was due to a drop in net cash provided by operating activities and the absence of new loans in FY22 offset by a decline in capital expenditures or the cash used in investing activities.
- Net loss attributable to shareholders in FY22 was ($7.4M) compared to net income of $3.4M in FY21, a change principally attributable to the changes in the Company’s operating performance.