NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS, May 10, 2019 – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended March 31, 2019 (the “Q2 FY19”). In Q2 FY19, the Company posted (i) revenue of $8.1M, an increase of 11% over the same period last year, (ii) an operating loss of $0.3M compared to an operating loss of $0.7M for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 (“Q2 FY18”), (iii) adjusted EBITDA of $1.6M, up 28% compared to Q2 FY18, and (iv) a cash balance at March 31, 2019 of $5.7M, representing an increase of 4% over September 30, 2018 and down 3% compared to December 31, 2018.
“Track Group’s first half of Fiscal 2019 produced records in revenue, gross profit, Adjusted EBITDA and active devices,” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO. “Our hard work and focus on customer service are paying off and paving the way for a record year come September 30, 2019.”
- Quarterly revenue of $8.1M in Q2 FY19, up 11% over Q2 FY18 of $7.3M. Revenue for the 6 months ended March 31, 2019 (“6M FY19”) of $16.3M was up approximately 10% compared to revenue of $14.8M for the 6 months ended March 31, 2018 (“6M FY18”).
- Quarterly gross profit of $4.5M in Q2 FY19, up 12% over Q2 FY18 of $4.0M. Gross Profit for 6M FY19 was $9.1million, up 7% compared to Gross Profit of $8.5 million for 6M FY18.
- Total operating expense for Q2 FY19 of $4.77M is up nominally versus Q2 FY18’s $4.74M of operating expenses. The small jump in quarterly operating expense when combined with Q2 FY19 gross profit of $4.5M led to a quarterly loss of only $276K, which is an improvement of 61% compared to $716K operating loss for Q2 FY18. For 6M FY19, the loss from operations was $333K compared to loss from operations of $1.041M for 6M FY18, representing an improvement of approximately 68%.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the Q2 FY19 finished at $1.6M, up 28% compared to $1.3M for Q2 FY18. Adjusted EBITDA for 6M FY19 of $3.3M, up approximately 18% vs $2.8M for 6MFY18.
- Cash balance of $5.7M for Q2 FY19, up 113% compared to $2.7M for Q2 FY18 and down 3% over the December 31, 2018 cash balance of $5.9M.
- Net loss attributable to shareholders in the Q2 FY19 was$0.3M compared to a net loss of $1.7M in Q2 FY18, an improvement of approximately 85%. The net loss attributable to shareholders for the 6M FY19 was $2.0 million compared to a net loss of $2.8 million in 6M FY18 representing an improvement of approximately 28%.