NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS, February 10, 2021 – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its first quarter ended December 31, 2020 (“Q1 FY21”). The Company posted (i) total revenue of $9.4 million, an increase of approximately 12% over total revenue for the same period last year (“Q1 FY20”); (ii) operating income of $1.4 million, representing an increase of 373% compared to Q1 FY20 operating income of $0.3M; (iii) adjusted EBITDA of $2.7 million in Q1 FY21, up 50% compared to $1.8 million for Q1 FY20; and (iv) net income attributable to common shareholders of $1.3M in Q1 FY21 compared to a net loss of $0.2 million in Q1 FY20.
“The strong performance of the Company during the second half of the prior fiscal year (April to September 2020) carried over into the first quarter of fiscal year 2021 (October – December 2020). As our employees continue to work closely with customers and supply partners alike, we collectively work through the challenges brought on by the Coronavirus,” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO.
- Strong quarterly total revenue of $9.4 million in Q1 FY21, up 12% compared to Q1 FY20 total revenue of $8.4 million as the increase in monitoring revenue of approximately 12% was offset by a nominal decline in product sales.
- Gross profit of $5.2 million in Q1 FY21 was up 12% compared to Q1 FY20 gross profit of $4.7 million.
- Total operating expense for Q1 FY21 of $3.8 million was down 13% versus Q1 FY20’s operating expense of $4.4 million. The decline in quarterly operating expense when combined with the favorable increase in gross profit led to operating income in Q1 FY21 of $1.4 million compared to operating income of $0.3 million for Q1 FY20, representing an improvement of 373%.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the Q1 FY21 was $2.7 million, an increase of nearly 50%, compared to $1.8 million for Q1 FY20. Adjusted EBITDA in Q1 FY21 as a percentage of revenue also increased to 28.2%, compared to 21.1% for Q1 FY20.
- The cash balance of $5.9 million at December 31, 2020 was down 13% compared to $6.8 million at September 30, 2020 as the Company made significant investments in additional monitoring devices and software to accommodate increased customer demand.
- Net income attributable to common shareholders in Q1 FY21 was $1.3 million compared to a net loss of $0.2M in Q1 FY20, a change principally attributable to the Company’s strong operating performance and the increase in other Income associated with a foreign currency exchange gain.