NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its third quarter ended June 30, 2019 (the “Q3 FY19”). In Q3 FY19, the Company posted (i) record revenue of $9.0M, an increase of 17% over the same period last year, (ii) record operating income of $0.6M compared to an operating loss of $0.7M for the quarter ended June 30, 2018 (“Q3 FY18”), (iii) adjusted EBITDA of $1.9M, up 67% compared to Q3 FY18, and (iv) a cash balance at June 30, 2019 of $6.9M, representing an increase of 26% over September 30, 2018 and up 21% compared to March 31, 2019 as well as the highest balance since September 2014.
“For our quarter ended June 30, 2019, I am proud that Track Group generated the highest ever quarterly revenue, gross profit, and operating income in the Company’s history,” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO. “I would like to thank our employees, customers and partners for all of their efforts in making this happen.”
- Quarterly revenue of $9.0M in Q3 FY19, up 17% over Q3 FY18 of $7.7M. Revenue for the 9 months ended June 30, 2019 (“9M FY19”) of $25.3M was up approximately 12% compared to revenue of $22.5M for the 9 months ended June 30, 2018 (“9M FY18”).
- Quarterly gross profit of $4.8M in Q3 FY19, up 14% over Q3 FY18 of $4.2M. Gross Profit for 9M FY19 was $13.9 million, up 10% compared to Gross Profit of $12.7 million for 9M FY18.
- Total operating expense for Q3 FY19 of $4.2M is down 16% versus Q3 FY18’s $4.9M of operating expenses. The drop in quarterly operating expense when combined with Q3 FY19 gross profit of $4.8M led to the highest quarterly operating income in the Company’s history of $640K, which is a dramatic turnaround of 187% compared to the $738K operating loss for Q3 FY18. For 9M FY19, operating income was $306K compared to loss from operations of $1,779K for 9M FY18, representing an improvement of 117%.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the Q3 FY19 finished at $1.9M, up 67% compared to $1.2M for Q3 FY18. Adjusted EBITDA for 9M FY19 of $5.3M, up approximately 32% vs $4.0M for 9M FY18.
- The cash balance of $6.9M at June 30, 2019 is up 26% compared to a balance of $5.4M at September 30, 2018 and up 21% over the March 31, 2019 cash balance of $5.7M and the highest level in nearly five years.
- The Net loss attributable to common shareholders for Q3 FY19 was $0.1M compared to a net loss of $1.9M in Q3 FY18, an improvement of approximately 96%. The net loss attributable to shareholders for the 9M FY19 was $2.1 million compared to a net loss of $4.6 million in 9M FY18 representing an improvement of approximately 55%.