Total Revenue up 21%, Operating Income up 28%, Adjusted EBITDA up 23%, Continued Net Loss Turnaround
NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its third quarter ended June 30, 2021 (“Q3 FY21”). In Q3 FY21, the Company posted (i) total revenue of $10.3 million, an increase of approximately 21% over total revenue for the same period last year (“Q3 FY20”); (ii) operating income of $1.3 million, representing an increase of 28% compared to Q3 FY20 operating income of $1.0M; (iii) adjusted EBITDA of $2.8 million in Q3 FY21, up 23% compared to $2.3 million for Q3 FY20; and (iv) net income attributable to common shareholders of $1.2M in Q3 FY21 compared to a net income of $0.4 million in Q3 FY20.
“I am extremely proud of all our employees and partners who have continued to remain motivated and productive during such a challenging and unprecedented time; resulting in another outstanding company performance for the quarter ended June 2021,” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO.
- Strong quarterly total revenue of $10.3 million in Q3 FY21, up 21% compared to Q3 FY20 total revenue of $8.5 million and total revenue for the 9 months ended June 30, 2021 (“9M FY21”) of $29.6 million was up approximately 18% compared to revenue of $25.0 million for the 9 months ended June 30, 2020 (“9M FY20”).
- Gross profit of $5.6 million in Q3 FY21 was up 22% compared to Q3 FY20 gross profit of $4.6 million. Gross profit for the 9M FY21 was $16.3 million, or up 19% compared to gross profit of $13.7 million for 9M FY20.
- Total operating expense for Q3 FY21 of $4.3 million was up 20% versus Q3 FY20’s total operating expense of $3.6 million. The favorable increase in quarterly gross profit more than offset the rise in operating expense which led to operating income in Q3 FY21 of $1.3 million compared to operating income of $1.0 million for Q3 FY20, representing an improvement of 28%. Similarly, for the 9M FY21, operating income was $4.4 million compared to operating income of $1.6 million, representing an increase of 182%.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the Q3 FY21 was $2.8 million, an increase of nearly 23%, compared to $2.3 million for Q3 FY20. Adjusted EBITDA in Q3 FY21 as a percentage of revenue remained flat at 27%, compared to Q3 FY20. Adjusted EBITDA for the 9M FY21 was $8.3 million compared to the Adjusted EBITDA for 9M FY20 of $5.7 million, representing an improvement of approximately 47%. Similarly, Adjusted EBITDA for the 9M FY21 as a percentage of revenue also increased to 28%, compared to 23% for the 9M FY20.
- The cash balance of $8.3 million at June 30, 2021 was up 22% compared to $6.8 million at September 30, 2020 and up 24% compared to $6.7 million at March 31, 2021 notwithstanding significant capital investments made by the Company of approximately $3.8 million in the 9M FY21 and $1.1 million in Q3 FY21 to build additional monitoring devices and software to accommodate increased customer demand. Capital investments for the 9M FY21 were up 92% compared to the same period last year.
- Net income attributable to common shareholders in Q3 FY21 was $1.2 million compared to net income of $0.4 million in Q3 FY20, a change principally attributable to the Company’s strong operating performance and the increase in other income. Net income attributable to common shareholders for the 9M FY21 was $4.8 million, up significantly compared to the net loss of approximately $1.5 million for the 9M FY20.