NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS, December 23, 2020 – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its fiscal year ended September 30, 2020 (“FY20”). In FY20, the Company posted (i) monitoring revenue of $33.2M, an increase of approximately 3% over monitoring revenue of $32.1M for the year ended September 30, 2019 (“FY19”); (ii) FY20 operating income of $2.8M representing an increase of 137% compared to FY19 operating income of $1.2M; (iii) adjusted EBITDA of $8.2M in FY20, up 10% compared to $7.4M for FY19; and (iv) net loss attributable to common shareholders of $0.1M in FY20 compared to a net loss of $2.6M in FY19.
“Our employees, our customers, and our supply partners came together and worked extremely hard to drive the major financial metrics of our business to higher levels in the 2nd half of our fiscal year as compared to the 1st half (October – March period) despite challenges brought on by the Coronavirus,” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO.
- Total FY20 revenue of $33.9M was down less than 0.5% compared to FY19 revenue of $34.0M as the increase in monitoring revenue of approximately 3% was offset by a decline in product sales.
- Gross profit of $18.6M in FY20 was down 2% compared to FY19 gross profit of $19.0M principally due to the adverse impact of COVID-19 but up over 8% compared to FY18 gross profit of $17.2M.
- Operating income in FY20 of $2.8M compared to operating income of $1.2M for FY19, representing an improvement of 137% despite the global pandemic.
- Adjusted EBITDA for FY20 of $8.2M, up nearly 10%, compared to $7.4M for FY19. Adjusted EBITDA in FY20 as a percentage of revenue also increased to 24.2%, compared to 21.9% for FY19.
- Cash balance of $6.8M for FY20, down 2% compared to $6.9M for FY19 and down 25% compared to the June 30, 2020 cash balance of $9.0M due to the repayment of $2.7 million to settle certain indebtedness at a discount on September 30, 2020.
- Net loss attributable to shareholders in FY20 was $0.1M compared to a net loss of $2.6M in FY19, a change principally attributable to the Company’s strong operating performance and the increase in Other Income associated with the gain on settling the repayment of certain indebtedness at a discount.