NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS, January 13, 2020 – Track Group, Inc. (OTCQX: TRCK), a global leader in offender tracking and monitoring services, today announced financial results for its fiscal year ended September 30, 2019 (the “FY19”). In FY19, the Company posted (i) record revenue of $34.0M, an increase of 11% over the fiscal year ended September 30, 2018 (the “FY18”), (ii) record operating income of $1.2M compared to an operating loss of $1.7M for FY18, (iii) adjusted EBITDA of $7.4M, up 27% compared to FY18, and (iv) a cash balance at September 30, 2019 of $6.9M, representing an increase of 27% over September 30, 2018 as well as the highest balance since September 2014.
“It was an outstanding year for Track Group, our employees and our customers.” said Derek Cassell, Track Group’s CEO. “I look forward to the next year with a tremendous amount of momentum and enthusiasm.”
- Revenue for FY19 was $34.0M, up approximately 11% compared to revenue of $30.6M for FY18. Quarterly revenue of $8.8M in Q4 FY19, up 8% over Q4 FY18 of $8.1M.
- Gross Profit for FY19 was $19.0 million, up 11% compared to Gross Profit of $17.2 million for FY18. Quarterly gross profit of $5.1M in Q4 FY19, up 13% over Q4 FY18 of $4.5M.
- Total operating expense for FY19 of $17.9M is down 5% versus FY18’s $18.9M of operating expenses. The drop in operating expen se when combined with FY19 gross profit of $19.0M led to the highest annual operating income in the Company’s history of $1.2M, which is a dramatic turnaround of 171% compared to the $1.7M operating loss for FY18.
- Adjusted EBITDA for FY19 finished at $7.4M, up 27% compared to $5.9M for FY18.
- The cash balance of $6.9M at September 30, 2019 is up 27% compared to a balance of $5.4M at September 30, 2018 and up less than 1% over the June 30, 2019 cash balance of $6.9M and the highest level in nearly five years.
- The Net loss attributable to common shareholders for FY19 was $2.6M compared to a net loss of $5.4M in FY18, an improvement of approximately 53%.